Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: IF I KNEW

  1. #1
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    snuggz posted this..and i remember it from soemwhere else...just wanted to repost it...

    IF I KNEW.

    If I knew it would be the last time
    That I'd see you fall asleep
    I would tuck you in more tightly
    and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

    If I knew it would be the last time
    that I see you walk out the door,
    I would give you a hug and kiss
    and call you back for one more.

    If I knew it would be the last time
    I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
    I would video tape each action and word
    so I could play them back day after day.

    If I knew it would be the last time
    I could spare an extra minute,
    to stop and say "I LOVE YOU"
    instead of assuming you would know I do.

    If I knew it would be the last time
    I would be there to share your day,
    Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
    so I can let just this one slip away.

    For surely there's always tomorrow
    to make up for an oversight,
    and we always get a second chance
    to make everything just right.

    There will always be another day
    to say "I love you",
    And certainly there's another chance
    to say our "anything I can do?"

    But just in case I might be wrong
    and today is all I get,
    I'd like to say how much I love you
    and I hope we never forget.

    Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
    young or old alike,
    And today may be the last chance
    you get to hold your loved one tight.

    So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
    why not do it today?
    For if tomorrow never comes,
    you'll surely regret the day.

    That you didn't take extra time
    for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
    and you were too busy to grant someone,
    what turned out to be their one last wish.

    So hold your loved ones close today
    and whisper in their ear,
    Tell them how much you love them
    and that you'll always hold them dear.

    Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
    "Please forgive me," "Thank You," or "It's OK"
    And if tomorrow never comes,
    you'll have no regrets about today

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love that poem.. always brings a tear to my eye!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im a rambling fool tonite...but i really feel like......

    nothing is a given....


    take a chance.......screw holding back....


    i guess i mean that in the sense of.......


    im always pputting myself out there..... holding on to those and what i hold dear....

    if i am reaching out ...to you..its because youre important....


    nuff said.....


    some people are worth it.... in my book... some show me i am....others make it blatantly obvious im not..... but thats not the point...


    its about me...willing to extend the hand... or go the extra................


    its my job.... lifes too fragile

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member peaches_and_cream842's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2003
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Makes you remember what is REALLY important!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •